Monday 30 September 2013

Death and the Girl Next Door by Darynda Jones (THIS IS A RANT)


Title: Death  and the Girl Next Door
Author: Darynda Jones
Series: Darklight #1
Publisher: St. Martin’s Press
Date Published: October 2, 2012
Goodreads Summary
Darynda Jones, author of The New York Times bestselling series that began with First Grave on the Right, brings us Death and the Girl Next Door, a thrilling Young Adult novel garnering high praise and early buzz from major authors
Ten years ago, Lorelei’s parents disappeared without a trace.  Raised by her grandparents and leaning on the support of her best friends, Lorelei is finally beginning to accept the fact that her parents are never coming home.  For Lorelei, life goes on.
High school is not quite as painful as she thinks it will be, and things are as normal as they can be.  Until the day the school’s designated loner, Cameron Lusk, begins to stalk her, turning up where she least expects it,  standing outside her house in the dark, night after night.  Things get even more complicated when a new guy—terrifying, tough, sexy Jared Kovach—comes to school.  Cameron and Jared instantly despise each other and Lorelei seems to be the reason for their animosity.  What does Jared know about her parents?  Why does Cameron tell Jared he can’t have Lorelei?  And what will any of them do when Death comes knocking for real?  Thrilling, sassy, sexy, and inventive, Darynda Jones’s first foray into the world of teens will leave readers eager for the next installment.

I have no idea why I read this.

It wasn’t the best decision in my life.. and it was probably one of those rare books where I felt  absolutely nothing towards the “hero". It's sad really. I like the guy who no one sees as a romantic interest but whatever that’s not the point. The point is that nothing happens in this book! There is no freaking plot just a bunch of random information thrown at us. And really? How does the angel of death fall in love? That makes no sense what so ever. SCREW LOGIC! I think that’s what the book was really about. And it pissed me off. I was also annoyed that both the main character and her friend always forget about Glitch and on top of that why would you put a love triangle in the book that doesn’t involve the main character. It really sucks really. Definitely not going to read the sequel (or if I do... call 911, I need a hospital).


Okay I probably made this book sound like crap but it isn’t really that bad… its just me and my issues with the whole angel and human falling in love without a good reason. Like really?? Your aura is so pretty I am going to fall in love with you and as for her? Oh you are so hot I am in love and oh my god you are an angel isn’t that super awesome? 
*shudders**takes a deep breath*
Note: Try Darynda's adult series (Charley Davidson), it's a million times better.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...