Saturday 21 February 2015

Discussion: My top bookish problems.

I was very sad that I missed out on the top ten tuesday this week and the 10 bookish problems you all seem to have. I feel your pain! So instead I decided I will do a discussion type post on this topic :D


Not enough book events.
I live near flipping London! I would hope that there would be plenty of book signings and author meets and other fun book events but surprise surprise there isn't that many! although I probably should not be complaining about this as some of you live in the middle of nowhere (sorry) where there are no bookish events at all. But my frustration only grows at this. As bloggers and readers we have a right to meet our hero's god damn it!

Price of books.
Believe me if I could afford to pay a lot of money for books I would. I would give all of my money to you fantastic authors out there because you deserve it! But I am a student and I unfortunately do not have money to spend. This is why charity shops and sales are my favourite things! I get to buy used books (I have a weird thing about used books) and cheaply!

However it seems that everybody has read all the books that I have. I keep finding books that I have already read and purchased in many charity shops. Can somebody please donate a brand new book??? Although I already have a copy of that book I tend to still buy the used one. I feel like I owe it to the book and the author to get the book.

Not having enough space.
I have three bookshelves nearly filled with books. I have over 120 books in my room alone, and I want more! Rationally I know that I have no space for these books and that when I move houses I will need to make a lot of heavy trips just to transport them I still have a need for more!

Not being able to say goodbye to some books.
I would love to be able to say goodbye to the ones that I many not have enjoyed as much as others or even to swap with somebody for a different book. But I feel like all of these books are a part of me! I can't just give myself away like that!

8 comments:

  1. The only problem I have is #1. The rest are not an issue since I switched to e-books 3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haa, middle of nowhere - that's me! I would kill to meet some of my favourite authors!
    Prices - thank god for electronic ARCs, this way I get to read more than I buy, though if I enjoy the book I still buy it and lately I've been buying more books that I've already read rather than new ones, LOL.
    Space - I don't have any left, but that would never keep me from getting new books.


    My biggest problem is time, but show me a reader that doesn't have that problem. And sometimes I have plenty books I want to read, and they seem all so great that I spend an eternity thinking which one to pick instead of freaking reading them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Authors never come to Fargo and that makes me so sad! I want them to come and NOW! I totally understand your lack of funds for books, that is the toughest part!

    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. PAULINA YOU ARE BACK. Kind of. BUT STILL.


    I also have a problem with book space, well actually with my room in general. I am never content with my furniture. But I'll definitely invest in that in the future when I have money to do so :) That is, if I don't spend it all on books first HA

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!
    I have the same problem. I need to stop spending all of my money on books!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( It's so sad that authors can't get to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have the space but it's not keeping me from buying more! Ugh I need like a month away from the world to read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need a month away from reality too, There are so many books I wish I could read, but don't find the time to do so.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...