Tuesday 10 December 2013

Mini Review: Before by Melissa Pearl

Before (Betwixt, #0.5)
Before by Melissa Pearl
Series: Betwixt, #0.5
Release Date: September 17, 2013
Goodreads Summary

Dale Finnigan is a teenage rebel; he lives for parties, girls and joy riding in stolen cars. In spite of his uptight parents' constant warnings and lectures, he continues to run wild. His crazy lifestyle is the only way he can live and feel free… Until his reckless behavior takes him down a path where there is no going back.

In this prequel to BETWIXT, find out who Dale Finnigan was before he became known as“scar-face”—the unassuming hero everyone underestimates.

WARNING: This book is intended for mature teens due to coarse language and mature content.



I'm going to come right out and say that there's nothing really noteworthy about Before. I think that it's a good introduction novel to the Betwixt series (which I haven't started), but I didn't find anything about this really grabbing.

Dale was an interesting enough character - I actually relate to him. I understand a lot of what he's going through (as a teenage rebel), but I also don't. I don't take things that far, and I guess that makes it a bit hard for me to really like him. I knew what was going to happen to him early on, but I didn't really want to believe him.

Towards the end, I really didn't relate to him anymore. I am very curious to see where the story will be going from here, though. All in all, Before was a good introductory novel, but I didn't love it. I'm definitely interested to continue the story, though! (Sorry for the super short review - I don't really have much to say, and it was a super short read!)

4 comments:

  1. Jenea Whittington10 December 2013 at 13:13

    Great review. I didn't realize there was a novella about Dale. I read Betwixt and really liked it. I'll have to find this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! There is - but I haven't read Betwixt! I'm guessing that I should. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...