Tuesday 1 October 2013

Mini Review: The Adoration of Jenna Fox and The Fox Inheritance by Mary E. Pearson

Title: The Adoration of Jenna Fox
Author: Mary E. Pearson
Series: Jenna Fox Chronicles #1
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Release Date: April 29, 2008
Buy: Amazon










“Pieces.

A bit for someone here.
A bit there.
And sometimes they don’t add up to anything whole.
But you are so busy dancing.
Delivering.
You don’t have time to notice.
Or are afraid to notice.
And then one day you have to look.
And it’s true.
All of your pieces fill up other people’s holes.
But they don’t fill
your own.”


This one is a mini review for the sole reason I read it ages ago (like back in 2009) and because I plan on reading the last book in the trilogy soon, I felt like reviewing the other two parts.
My librarian was the one who recommended this to me. I wasn’t sure what to expect, I mean back then I barely read the synopsis of a book before I picked it up, for me it was the cover and title that decided it unless someone recommended it or it was a best seller but yeah. I was shocked (not literally of course because then I’d have to go to the hospital but literatually … )(I make lame jokes don’t mind me).
I could say words like awesome, mind blowing, brain boggling  but they still wouldn’t do the book justice. Sometimes I’ll go back and look at some of the quotes of the book and be reminded of why I love it so much. One of these days I plan to re-read it because well… it is one of the best things to ever happen to me.
This is not a light book and so if you are looking for a light read and the cover makes you think it will be that, this book is not for you. This is a book about learning to live with yourself. No the main character isn’t suicidal. This book is a somewhat coming of age story and about self-acceptance, it’s about learning to forgive and a lot of other things. This isn’t a romance either if that’s what you are looking for.
The summary on goodreads doesn’t do this book justice because it doesn’t even begin to cover the depth of this book.
I love the main character, I love the romantic interest, I love every damn thing about this book, even the little things that may have annoyed me (I cannot remember what those were so yeah).
If I could I would recommend this book to every person on the planet but I cannot because they will then learn about one of the books I most treasure and they will ruin it for me.




Title: The Fox Inheritance
Author: Mary E. Pearson
Series: Jenna Fox Chronicles #2
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Date Published: August 30, 2011
Buy: Amazon
“Maybe the impossible is possible when you take everything else away.

When nothings left, maybe you can reach for something that no one knew existed.
Or maybe we became something new. 
Maybe we made it exist.”


I found out about this book last year when rating The Adoration of Jenna Fox. It took me a long time to calm down because seriously (I have to say this don’ t hate me), when I saw that Jenna Fox had a sequel it was Christmas for me. You cannot expect any less when one of the best books you have ever had turns up with a sequel. I was surprised by how many people didn’t want a sequel to Jenna.
This one is Locke’s story (and so will the next one or maybe not, I haven’t read the book or anything if I had I’d probably be either in a hole or in heaven). I am not going to say this book was disappointing because it wasn’t. I love it, but it doesn’t begun to even measure up to The Adoration of Jenna Fox. I did give it 4 stars so it must have been some good ei?
I loved Locke’s story, a lot, it just wasn’t as mind blowing and heart wrenching as Jenna’s. That is not to say that his story didn’t make you want to cry, oh it did alright. But still. I don’t really know what to say about this book, except that fans of The Adoration of Jenna Fox should read it.
I hope Locke finally gets his happy ending and well I do want one thing from Fox Forever that I know I probably won’t get but that doesn’t mean I cannot hope.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...