Monday 14 October 2013

Author Interview Todd M.Thiede


In the small city of Rockton, Illinois, someone is tired of waiting. He’s tired of standing in line at the grocery store and tired of waiting at the drive-through line. Now he’s doing something about it.

The first murder rocks the city. The entire Bjornson family—except the father, Stephen—has been brutally murdered, and the killer has left a message behind, written in the victim’s blood: Don’t Waste People’s Time. It’s a grizzly start for two young detectives who’ve just become partners. But Max Larkin and Jesse Fairlane put their personal distaste for each other aside and start concentrating on how to find the killer from striking again.


As they investigate the scene of the crime and interview Stephen at the hospital, the clues slowly begin to add up. Could this be a deranged killer who struck ten years ago and has now returned to the area? Before they can answer that question, another murder is reported, and Max and Jesse suddenly realize they have a serial killer on the loose.
But as they get closer to the truth, a past memory begins to haunt Max, one that might lead to a break in the case—or the end of his career.

What genre are you most comfortable writing?

I am most comfortable writing mystery because I have a great imagination.  My wife hates watching shows like SVU and CSI with me because I am really good at solving who did what and why.
When and why did you begin writing?

I started writing at a very young age.  I wrote stories in school and in seventh grade I actually wrote my first book. It wasn’t very long but it was a murder mystery.  The Junior HIgh Murders was the title.  I didn’t get a good grade on it because my teacher thought it was too gory for her.  I have always been interested in mysteries because of my natural investigative mind.  
What’s your favorite place in the entire world?

My favorite place in the entire world is anywhere my wife is.  I truly enjoy spending time with her and my kids.  If I could write full time and spend time with my family that would make me the happiest man alive.
What was the hardest part about writing this book? 

The hardest part was the background and depth of the characters.  I wrote the story in a short period of time but putting on paper was not easy.  My wife really pushed me and she also helped me finish it.
What are your goals as a writer?

My goals are to write full time and have the Max Larkin detective series be a top seller.  I would like to have Max Larkin be in about 8 books total.  I am currently writing the second one now and should be done in about 2 months.
What are some of the best tools available today for writers, especially those just starting out? 

The best tools available today are all on your computer.  Spell check and grammar check.  These do not compare to a good editor though.  The editor is the most important thing for any writer.  You can read and read your own book but you will always miss something.  The editor won’t.
What do you do to unwind and relax?

 I like to watch movies and hang with my family.  I would rather be hanging out with them more than anything.  When they are at school, work, or wherever and I am alone I like to play video games to escape the world around me.
What are your current writing projects now? 

I am currently writing book two of the Max Larkin detective series.  This is one is called “Lies to Die For”.  It follows our two young detectives in Rockton Illinois yet again.  
How do you promote this book?

I promoted this book with twitter, facebook, and book blogs.  Marketing is not my forte but I have had great luck with facebook and twitter.  My publicist is working on more book signings and radio interviews as well. 
Who designed the cover?

I came up with the design of the cover.  My publisher sent me many pictures of the clock on the cover and although I put a lot of time in picking the clock.  They didn’t agree with me and came up with that cover.  Although the overall cover design was my idea they used their expertise in making it look like it does.

A massive thank you to Todd for taking the time and speaking to us. It was a pleasure having you here with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...