Thursday 1 August 2013

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Pure (Covenant, #2)Title: Pure 
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: the Covenant Series #2
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Date Published: April 3, 2012
Buy: Amazon

Goodreads summary

There is need. And then there is Fate... 
Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her. 
When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her. 
When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.



Holy cupcakes!

The beginning of the book was kinda slow and it reminded me too much of Vampire Academy! 
Thankfully the book picked up and I fell in love with Seth… See this is why I hate love triangles! I always fall for the “wrong” guy… anyway Seth is just I don’t know hot? Spontaneous? More fun? Than Aidan. I still like the dude but lighten up (and stop being so similar to Dimitri or I will slap you with a chair) 
I really hope that Alex goes for Seth (and no I’m not picking sides) but if she does go for the other guy that would mean the book won’t be so much like Vampire Academy (yay *happy dance*) but I have a feeling I won’t be dancing, which sucks because I can break a move. 
I have a love/ hate relationship with this book. I love the story, but hate the fact that it’s so similar to Vampire Academy! I can’t deal with that. Nothing can ever replace my love for Vampire Academy well maybe if Adrian was standing in front of me expressing his undying love for me… But that is still a maybe (unless he was shirtless then I would chose him over VA) 
I do remember why I love this series though. Jennifer creates some really hot scenes! And by hot I mean you will burn yourself. 

~ Anyway I read this book last year and although I love it. I’m not I’m-going-to-marry-this-book-in-love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...