Thursday 9 January 2014

Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Onyx (Lux, #2)
Title- Onyx 
Author- Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series- Lux Series
Release Date- 14th August 2012
Publisher- Entangled Teen
Buy- Amazon 
Goodreads Summary

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks… Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems. Something worse than the Arum has come to town… The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard. But then everything changes… I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me? No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…



I already knew I was going to be in love with every little word in this book! Hot alien babies everywhere this was even better than Obsidian!!! I did not think it was possible, but believe me it is.

I gobbled up this book as if it was chocolate. I wanted to literally spend every waking minute reading this baby but sadly, I needed to study! It nearly broke me having to put this book away L The entire book was so gripping that I was tempted to fail my exams.

Obsidian kicked off with a new sci-fi series about hot aliens and how they live amongst us in hot bodies making all us human girls basically fall in love from the moment we lay our eyes on the hotties. I wasn’t too thrilled with the alien thing but I was so wrong! Who knew aliens could be so damn attractive and hot and swoon worthy! I don’t know how Jennifer does this. It’s her writing style. It’s just so easy to fall in love with her words; I think she would probably make me fall in love with a fat hobbit with her words and I wouldn’t even mind it.

The plot picks up a lot in this book. From the start, we return to the Luxen and Arum world and the lovely duo next door. There is more action, romance and emotions this time, which I absolutely love. One thing I’ve missed however is the chasing between Daemon and Katy, I loved the way he was flirting with her and trying to make her realise how perfect he is.

In this book Katy and Daemon are connected. Right some weird alien mojo thing. Now Katy has to toughen up and learn how to use her new powers because the Arum and the DOD are back and they are not just after the Luxen anymore. Not only that but a new boy has arrived in school that seems to know about the Luxen and what is happening to Katy. She can either trust him or stay away from him like Daemon asked her too. So of course Katy being Katy decides to train with him in secret.

The characters in this book are just so amazing! Katy is a strong female lead but at the same time shows some dependency on Daemon. Don’t even get me started on Daemon. He is even better in this book than Obsidian. I know right how could this happen? But believe me it does.Truthfully I love the bad boy, mean machine, cocky attitude as well as the next girl. But I love how human he is in this sequel. The emotions make him seem so much better; don’t get me wrong I don’t like the soppy guy thing but a little bit of a soppy side never hurt anyone right.

Jennifer creates a wonderful world in this series. That is a lie. She has created a lot of wonderful worlds that I would gladly live in. 



5 comments:

  1. sounds very mysteriously exciting ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to start this series soon. I have the first book...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is! Give it a shot :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do it!! It's really good :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you loved this one! Katy and Daemon sure are a fantastic couple, and Katy is an equally fantastic leading lady. I remember really loving this one, especially the plot because it went deeper into the idea of the Luxen. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...