Tuesday 24 September 2013

Teaser Tuesday #8

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be ReadingAnyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week Paulina is rather busy so she won't be posting teasers. I for that matter am going to post quotes from The Raven Boys. I just finished re-reading it and am planning to start The Dream Thieves soon. So I thought I'd share my love for this series by sharing 2 of my favorite quotes (which is one of the hardest things I've ever done).

Teaser 1

“You are being self-pitying."
"I'm nearly done. You don't have much more of this to bear."
"I like you better this way."
"Crushed and broken," Gansey said. "Just the way women like 'em.” 

Teaser 2

“I found it."
"People find pennies," Gansey replied. "Or car keys. Or four-leaf clovers."
"And ravens," Ronan said. "You're just jealous 'cause" - at this point, he had to stop to regroup his beer-sluggish thoughts - "you didn't find one, too.” 

If you haven't read this book GO READ IT!!!! It's full of awesomness and Gansey (who I happen to be in love with).

27 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this -- I like Steifavater's writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesum Teaser. I am yet to read this series :)

    My teaser is from Lash (Broken angel #1) by LG Castillo

    http://meanwhoyouare.blogspot.com/2013/09/teaser-tuesday-24092013.html#comment-form



    Happy Reading!
    Chanzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting teaser! I will have to check it out. Here is my TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my TT: http://andreareadsandreviews.blogspot.com/2013/09/teaser-tuesdays-92413.html
    or http://reviewbooksandmore.com/2013/09/24/tuesday-teaser-92413/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Steifavater's writing!! Awesome teaser!

    Here's my teaser- http://theultimatebookworm23.blogspot.ca/2013/09/teaser-tuesday-1.html

    New GFC follower as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Maggie's writing and I love the Raven Boy's Cycle. I'm still waiting for mine to show up in the mail, agh. Can't wait to read this!

    Here's mine: The Short Read

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must admit, I've read Shiver but I haven't read Raven Boys. If you recommend it that much I might have to check into it again. Interesting teasers. Here is my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kimberly @ Turning The Pages24 September 2013 at 17:55

    Nice teasers :) This one is on my tbr list and I'm hoping to get to it soon.

    Come see my Teaser Tuesday post

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  9. kirstymariejonesstudioreads24 September 2013 at 18:39

    Ahh, I loved The Raven Boys. I need to re-read it before reading The Dream Thieves, which I'm trying to do asap. Haha.

    Heres mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know.. it took me a couple of days to re-read The Raven Boys.. I was kind of waiting to get my copy of The Dream Thieves before re-reading it. I hope you have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo I hope you get to it ASAP! You cannot miss out on it's awesomeness :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. At first I decided against reading The Raven Boys.. but then I read Shiver and absolutely had to. I am glad I did or I would have missed out on the awesomeness of this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine arrived a couple last Thursday and I hope to get to it soon.. although I'll admit to being a teensy weensy bit scared.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I KNOW RIGHT? She is a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do hope you consider reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is pretty amazing ;) so I do hope you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the Raven Boys. I have The Dream Thieves in my tbr pile. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have you read any of her other books?



    There's always that stigma when it comes to sequels that they won't be as good as the original/first novel. But I always seem to enjoy Steifvater's writing so I'm not that nervous about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah.. Shiver, and I loved it. I never finished the series though because I had heard about the open ending.. so I saved myself from worrying about whether they would get a happy ending or not.

    I have a copy of The Scorpio Races and have been meaning to get around to it though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think Shiver was by far the best novel out of the whole series but I understand why you didn't finish it. But Maggie announced recently that she actually wrote another novel that, I think, kind of continues where things left off in Forever.

    I bought Scorpio Races the other week too. I need to dive into that one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's what I heard as well! But isn't the novella about Isabel and Cole?
    Haha I hope you like it.. I've heard great things about it (and about the apparent heart breaking ending).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah, if I remember correctly, a lot of people didn't like how Maggie didn't really wrap up Isabel's and Cole's story at the end.


    Wait. SR has a heart-breaking ending? Oh noo, haha. I'm such a sap for that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I actually saw the video where she basically explains it :P
    ... The ending itself is open but something sad happens right before that :/
    ME TOO! I tend to avoid books that break my heart but you cannot avoid them all (sadly)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...