Monday 30 September 2013

Silver by Talia Vance


Title: Silver
Author: Talia Vance
Series: Bandia #1
Publisher: Flux
Date Published: September 8th, 2012
Buy: Amazon
Goodreads Summary
“As I step into the room, a silver flash blurs my vision. Before I can take a breath, the world falls away.”
Brianna has always felt invisible. People stare right past her, including the one boy she can’t resist, Blake Williams. But everything changes at a house party where Brianna’s charm bracelet slips off and time stands still. In that one frozen, silver moment, Blake not only sees her, he recognizes something deep inside her she’s been hiding even from herself.
Discovering she is descended from Danu, the legendary Bandia of Celtic myth, Brianna finds herself questioning the truth of who she is. And when she accidentally binds her soul to Blake, their mutual attraction becomes undeniable.
But Blake has his own secret, one that could prove deadly for them both.
Bound together by forbidden magic, Brianna and Blake find themselves at the heart of an ancient feud that threatens to destroy their lives and their love.


I needed to read a mythology so I finally caved and read this. The summary left me a bit vary because the whole soul binding thing usually ends up with fake and forced romance. This wasn’t the case in this book. It totally worked. The romance got better and better until well I loved it (which wasn’t till the end of the book). You see Brianna knows that not all of their attraction was real and that some of it came from the connection and well to some extent they get to know each other so it really does work. I like how their connection works as well. I am so freaking glad I read this because Irish mythology is totally awesome and I cannot wait till Gold comes out. Right now I am in the crazy brain fried mode so I probably won’t be able to do justice to this book.
It really is good. All the characters are interesting. I do wish her relationship with her parents was explored a bit more but I like how she does tell her Mom stuff in the end. She trusts her mom enough to do that which makes me happy because you see so many heroines that keep so many secrets. Brianna even realizes that she shouldn’t have kept secrets from Blake but she had to. She admits when she was wrong and I like the realism of her character. Blake was a rather interesting love interest. I didn’t like him at first because he sounded like a popular womanizer and it annoyed me that Brianna liked him. I guess it’s the kind of thing that well most girls do have crushes on the popular cute guy. Cannot be helped but as we got to know more about Blake I started warming up to him until well I loved him as well. The author really does a good job with both the characters. She doesn’t make them flat out lovable instead she gives us the chance to warm up to them and love them.
This series looks promising and the mythology aspect is rather unique, different from what I’ve read before (seeing its Irish folklore). It may possibly be one of the best I’ve read but that would be decided with further installments in the series).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...