Monday 30 September 2013

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles


Title: Perfect Chemistry
Author: Simone Elkeles
Publisher: Walker Books
Date Published: December 23, 2008
Buy: Amazon
Goodreads Summary
A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers.
When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created ‘perfect’ life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she’s worked so hard for: her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. 
Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.
In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.

I wasn’t very excited about this book because it sounded so cliche to me. So when I went into this book I was expecting to be disappointed.
I think that happens to me a lot. Maybe its a psychological thing. I probably don’t want to be disappointed so I don’t start off with high hopes.
I really did like this book. Usually characters like Alex tend to be pushy and act all macho but with Alex you really could see the emotional side of him. He wasn’t your cliche damaged boy who shut the world out. Alex couldn’t let the world see his emotions or that would affect his “reputation”, the one habit he and Brit had in common.
I guess the only thing that bothered me was that they started liking each other a little bit too quickly. I usually like it when romances like these take more time to develop but otherwise it really was great.
I loved both Alex and Brit and they were great characters. The fact that the romance wasn’t the only thing going on in both of their lives made me incredibly happy, because they are two people who live in two different worlds so they are bound to have different problems.
I like how they find refuge in each other despite their differences.
I guess the ending was a little bit cheesy but who cares when the rest of the book was so awesome.
I think the epilogue was my absolute favorite part because you know it’s like the start of a whole different story that makes you smile, because you get to know the future Alex and Brit indirectly.
I probably won’t read the sequels seeing how they are probably similar stories about the other brothers but don’t let that stop you from enjoying the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...