Monday 30 September 2013

Mini Reviews: Flat-Out Matt by Jessica Park and Burn Bright by Marianne de Pierres


Title: Flat-Out Matt
Author: Jessica Park
Date Published: March 25, 2013
Pages: 158 pages (kindle)
Buy: Amazon
So a few weeks ago I found out there was going to be a short novella that basically had a bunch of chapters from Matt’s point of view plus a bonus chapter.
I was so damn excited. I loved Flat-Out love and to find out one of my favorite books from last year had a novella was just (insert word here that justifies my feelings).
I must say though this isn’t what I expected from this novella. I was hoping that it would be light and funny. It wasn’t. It broke my heart a hundred times over.
I knew from Flat-Out Love that Matt didn’t have it easy. I just didn’t know how freaking unfair things were for him.
Seeing things happen from his pov was just heartbreaking. To learn how tough it was on him and how he never got his chance to grieve. To learn that his parents left him to deal with everything. It hurt. A lot.
I think despite this Park never portrays his parents as particularly bad which I can appreciate; she shows the family as what they are, dysfunctional.
I really do love Matt in this, not just as a character but as a narrator. These little chapters could have been easily messed up, he could have been a love sick character and could have annoyed the hell out of me but he didn’t. He was a person with tons of problems, he was confused.
All fans of Flat-Out Love need to read this. Like now.









Title: Burn Bright
Author: Marianne de Pierres
Series: Night Creatures #1
Publisher: Random House
Release Date: March 1, 2011
Pages: 316 pages (paperback)
Buy: Amazon
I am not sure I can do this book justice with words.
I found this book ages ago and put it aside on my shelf to read “later”. The later came 5 months later.
The world of Ixion is rather intoxicating. The whole book has this sensual feeling, I am not sure what words you can use to describe it, but I could feel it rubbing off on my skin and I became immersed in this world.
Honestly I have no idea why this is marked as a paranormal romance and as a dystopia. It is neither. Maybe it’s because those two genres happen to be rather popular.
I am absolutely sure not everyone will like this. Some people will get bored and give up others will not.  I was about to give up on this book as well but I read on and I started falling in love.
I am not sure when I will read the sequel but I do want to know what becomes of Ixion.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...