Saturday 27 July 2013

Wait For You by J. Lynn

Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)Title: Wait For You
Author: J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout) 
Series: Wait For You
Publisher: HarperCollins
Date Published: February 26, 2013
Buy: Amazon

Goodreads summary 

Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…



From the start, I was gripped. A new story by one of my favorite authors, there was no way I was going to not read this and not enjoy it. Well I didn’t enjoy it as much as I hoped I would. And I can’t stop thinking it’s because I hyped myself up for this book to be brilliant and flawless and was hit by a small car of disappointment. I love Jennifer’s work. I fall head over heels in love with her stories and her male characters (who doesn’t?) But this book was off.
I was really disappointed, it was nothing like compared to her other work. This is a second book that’s from the New Age genre by Jennifer that I’ve read, but I did read some of her other work. This book is my least favorite though.
Avery is a weak character, the thing I love most about Jennifer’s work apart from the very hot guys is the strong female characters that she portrays in her book. I was more than let down with Avery’s characters as I read the book. It just didn’t seem right to me.
When Avery was with her friends and Cam having lunch or hanging out some of the things that the group was, saying/ talking about just seemed so weird. I can’t imagine people in their early 20's talking like that. It just seems excessively I don’t know fake I guess.
There are a few things that drove me insane but never the less I still liked this book. The parts that weren't stupid were pretty awesome and the book was still well written. Overall the story line was quite emotional and quite good, the story behind Avery, the past coming back to haunt her, and her facing her past once and for all. I’m kinda surprised that this is a series. I thought that this would have been fine as a novel. I will continue with the series because I want to know more but I’m not going to count down the days.

 IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK YOU MIGHT WANT TO TURN AROUND AND NOT READ THIS PART OF MY REVIEW AS IT DOES CONTAIN LITTLE SPOILERS. 



That was one of my problems with this book; it just did not seem real. The very first run in with Cam was really cute and I love that I can see something like that happening but how their relationship then carried on got more and more fakeish. It started off with them being friends, becoming pretty much best friends where Cam would ask Avery out all the time (which was freakishly cute) and their relationship looked great. Until they went on a date, and until they went to his house for thanksgiving. This brings me to my next point. Like what the hell happened when Cam noticed Avery’s scar… I can’t really even process that… Why would she shut him out? I get it it’s not something  you want people to know about but shutting someone out completely is just ridiculous. From that point on the book just seemed off to me. Some of the things that Avery did were just way too much. Just no. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...